Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A day of coincidences @ Orchard

As u all noe... I'm jobless now... cos I had to spend 2 wks for my YEP, I didn't apply for any jobs/agencies.

Went to jobstreet.com on Sun & applied for a work that Recruit Express posted up. Got a call from a consultant (yah, they call it consultant... =/) yesterday, askin me to go down to their office @ Orchard to fill up the form & a short interview. Went today @ 11+am. There were sooo many ppl when I reached there... seems like next time u wanna go agency, u'd better go in the early morning, if not u'll have to wait for damn long. Luckily for me, I noe who to look for (the consultant who called me... DUH) and I only spent 1/2 hour there. Saw Shuzhan there.

Went on to shop around in Orchard. Bought a pair of Giordano pants (@$27) cos it was on 40% discount, heh. While waiting for my pants to be altered (of cos muz alter lar... my legs are so short...), I went around shopping again! Haha. Bought another polo tee @ Bossini @ $12. I rmb I told some1 b4 that I dun like polo tees, but somehow, I wanted to buy 1 juz now, mayB cos of the price, haha.

Stepped into Watson's after that cos I need to buy my facial wash. Goodness! My ZA facial wash is @ half-price! Haha. Then walked around the shop & saw the Neutrogena masks at $5 cheaper & grabbed 1 box. When I wanted to go over to the cashier, a Neutrogena promoter approached me & told me they've a free on-the-spot trial for their masks & also a free manicure. Haha. Since I wasn't rushing for time and I'll be buying the Neutrogena mask anyway (so I won't feel paiseh for not buying anything aft their service), I went ahead. Tried this mask that's supposed to be for tired and irritated face, v cooling, =P. The manicure was good! Better than the one that I spent @ $15 at Far East. The ppl there (the Neutrogena promoter & the manucurist) are v frenly too! Got 2 $10 discount coupon for the nail shop (muz spend more than $30). $20 and $32 for classic manicure and pedicure respectively ($45 for both), $10 and $12 for express manicure and pedicure respectively ($18 for both). Any1 interested? Can go together then can get discount =P.

Aft that went to KFC to eat lunch cos I miss their Benditto =P. It has been a long time since I last ate fast food u see =D. Aft lunch, was browsing thru Taka's Talking Hall (they were having a casual bazaar) when the Recruit Express lady called to tell me that there's a job available. Starhub retail assistant, jobscope: attend to customers in the shop, $7/hr, 2wkends+3wkdays/wk. When I say I'll take the job, she told me there's another interview on this Thurs, 9am at Recruit Express. She went on saying attire will be smart casual, sth like a polo tee n jeans. HAHAHA. Today is a day of coincidences (recall: 1-met Shuzhan @ Recruit Express, 2-wanted to buy mask n got a free mask + manicure, 3-bought a polo tee for no reason but was asked to wear a polo tee for interview)!!!

B4 I end... here's a quiz I took, haha...


Congratulations AmIgo, you are...




Scarlett Ting of joewei.blogspot.com


You are independent, smart and beautiful. Its too bad you don't see that yourself because life's little difficulties brought down a lot of your self confidence. As a result, you talk cryptic and you don't trust people easily. You care a lot for your friends and your loved ones, sometimes even more than you care for yourself, although they don't always seem to appreciate it. Don't let that affect you. As the saying goes, you don't miss the water till the well runs dry. So hang in there, you're a star in the making.



Which Singaporean Blogger Are You?




Haha. I'm quite independent, abit smart, but definitely NOT beautiful. But kinda true lar, I don't trust ppl easily, heh.

Think that's all for now. Btw, pls scroll down to the previous entry for the photos on Sri Lanka's beach, heh.

No comments: