Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Stupid ArcGis

I dun understand why we need to use ArcGis for drawing... Why muz we use a software that uses so much memory??!! The program juz closed itself from an error, when I tried opening the map aft tt, the program hanged!!! WTH! I gave up & walked back hall from the E2 comp cluster. If u're not in Civil Engineering, u might think it's v slack. Lemme tell u, CE IS NOT SLACK!! Wanted to go to the computer cluster to do my lab @ 7+ one, BUT!! There's lessons held for the part-time students from 6 to 9, my goodness. Even in the aftnn, it's either upper years CE or ME ppl who are occupying the lab. How come we need to share the lab with so many ppl?! Even during our own labs, there's not enough license for us to use the software also! So how? The lecturer gave us another option: buy a 30-day evaluation software for $10, THIRTY DAYS ONLY. It's the 1st time I hear that I've to pay for an evaluation software. Stupid company...

I think this is another complain session... Well, I noe quite lotsa ppl out there think tt Engineering is ez to get in. I've read it on xiaxue's blog saying tt she kinda regretted that she din go JC, but go Poly instead, "Most unfortunately, I think the decision to go into SP was the worst mistake I made in my life." as quoted from her blog. And from another part of this entry, "On the other hand, the possibilities based on a decision are so vast that it is almost impossible to predict. For instance, if I were in Uni I would just be an average Law student, or maybe a Biz student.Or even worse, failed my As and is still retaking it now and ending up in Arts and Social Science or Engineering." Actually when I was reading this entry I agreed with her 50%, and I was angry with her saying the 2nd sentence tt I've quoted. No doubt Engineering is easy to get in, but WTH!! She dunno the life of an Engineering student! We slog for 4 years in university, getting an average of 5 or 6 hours of sleep everyday. I bet there r lotsa ppl out there who thinks quite lowly of Engineers. Let em sleep on the streets! The buildings that they are living in are work of Engineers!

Ok lar, think I juz wanna complain lar... Haha...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tink ur lecturer meant to get it at $10
if not u can only use it for 30 days...

Eva said...

nope nope, havta pay $10 for a 30-day evaluation software, can't even find the evaluation thingy from the company's website....