Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Your definition of "soulmate"

Was @ Cineleisure with Bingjia, Lisheng & Zhao Yong to watch Just Like Heaven. Nice show!! Abit-cliche-plot (ger meets boy, they bicker, but managed to discover each other's good traits, fall in love, but sth bad happens next...), but I still like it, cos there's a happy ending. =) Surprisingly, the movie is already 3 weeks old but the cinema was 3/4 full!!

Anyway, I happened to see a guy fren G, on the going-up-escalator when I was on the going-down-escalator, and he was with a MEI NV (aka pretty ger)!! I waved to him & yet he didn't see me. MayB BJ blocked me. Haha. So I smsed him askin how come he is with a mei nv. @ nite when I saw him on MSN, he told me bout the ger being only his fren & that they are soulmates, which brings about our discussion on wat your soulmate is...


G: anyway my fren ask u whether u think she's cute
G: haha.. she rather u say she's cute then she's a mei nu
G: :P
Me: *diao
Me: wat fren sia?
Me: :D
G: MY FREN!
G: my FEMALE fren
G: my very good female fren
G: my 'soulmate'
Me: really mah
Me: hmmm
G: let me ask u something
G: when i mention 'soulmate'
G: what comes to ur mind?
G: does it mean someone who you'll spend the rest of ur life with?
G: someone you'll marry?
Me: nope
Me: i think it's kinda scary if u marry some1 who understands u the best
Me: haha
G: orhhhhhh
G: okay.. so maybe its not such a common 'understanding' after all
Me: huh?
G: no la
G: i thot generally.. the impression that the word will give ppl
G: its like.. you may not marry your soulmate, but you will call the person you marry your soulmate
G: no meh?
G: eg. "i finally found my soulmate"
G: etc
Me: hmmm
Me: i dun think so leh
Me: lemme go checkout the dictionary meaning
Me: soul mate
n : someone for whom you have a deep affinity
Me: af•fin•i•ty Audio pronunciation
of "affinity" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-fn-t)
n. pl. af•fin•i•ties

1. A natural attraction, liking, or feeling of kinship.
2. Relationship by marriage.
Me: hmmm
G: haha
G: so it's either 1 or 2 mah
G: some ppl see it as 1, some see it as 2
Me: true true

Btw, in case there's any misunderstanding, G is not Gord, haha. I juz pressed "G" by luck. =P

So apprently, my definition of a soulmate is some1 who noes u v v well, doesn't mean u've to marry him/her (can be of same gender also).

Anyway later on this fren told me that his soulmate is getting married in June. Haha. Conclusion is the only thing b/w em is only frens and nothing else. Sorry to G if I'm too kpo! =D

Anyway come to think of it... the process of knowing G is quite a peculiar one to me. Lol

And wat are the movies I've watched (in cinemas) in the year 2005?
  1. Constantine
  2. Kingdom of Heaven
  3. Batman Begins
  4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  5. Just Like Heaven

It's like watching only 1 movie every 2 to 3 mths...

Some shows I wanted to watch but didn't:
  1. Finding Neverland
  2. Miss Congeniality 2
  3. Robots
  4. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
  5. Magadascar
  6. March of the Penguins
  7. The Island
  8. 2046
  9. War of the Worlds
  10. Be With You
  11. Crying Out Love In the Center of the World
  12. Monster In Law
  13. My Boyfriend is Type B
I think there's more but I can't think of anymore... Anyway I managed to rent DVDs for the last 4 movies haha. Movies I definitely muz watch this holidays:
  1. Chicken Little
  2. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
I was forced to read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe for a secondary 2 holiday assignment and I've this 3-in-1 book of Chronicles of Narnia. I rmb that the story was an interesting one, but I juz can't rmb exactly wat's it about. Shall read it again mayB, haha

Ok, time to sleep!!

No comments: