Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sign up and we can both get the new iPod nano!

I wish. There's no such thing as a free lunch (@ least in Singapore).

Within a wk, 2 of my frens already sent me email that goes:

"Hi! This promotion made me think of you. Sign up and we can both get the new
iPod nano!

(Followed by url of site)"

If u take juz a few seconds to read the 2nd paragraph of terms and conditions on the site, it says:

"By completing the registration process for the AmericanSurveyAlliance site, you represent that you are over eighteen years of age, reside in the United States, and can and will be legally bound by this Agreement. No User may participate where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulation."

I'm not angry with my frens for forwarding this kinda thing to me, but it's juz that I feel that we shouldn't be so ignorant to believe that the free ipod nano/mini is for real. Sth like, "Wow!! Free ipod nano!! And I juz need to refer a few frens!!", then immediately sign up...

Usually this kinda sites collect emails, which will later on be used for spam. Even though the privacy policy says that they will not spread the email addresses to 3rd party, u might not know what they'll do with ur email address when they're poor (they can sell ur email addresses to advertising companies w/o u knowing).

Anyway Singapore seldom have this kinda free stuffs aft u refer "N" number of frens to sign up, usually it takes in the form of contest/lucky draw that's all. So why is there such good stuffs in USA? I dunno, juz compare their Wheel Of Fortune to ours... They can afford to give away so much $ for a game, so y not give out ipod nanos by getting email addresses?

So conclusion is... I think we Singaporeans are quite 贪小便宜, ok lah, but ipod nano is not cheap, haha.

No comments: