Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The NKF Talk

Cos my job is boring, I'll fall asleep if I've no entertainment, I've been listening to UFM's morn show recently during work time. It's sth like a talk show that has a few frequent guests (frequent as in they come @ least once a wk juz for the talk show, they'll not DJs of UFM) every morn, and they talk bout the latest news they have, either on the papers the day b4 or that morning.

Yesterday morn, my father was telling me when I woke up, "See lar, now then announce NKF CEO earns $600,000 per year ah!" I dun even need to open up the Zao Bao on the dining table. The article, though small (roughly the size of ur scientific calculator, mayB longer), was the "top" article -- it was right under the date.

Then on my way to work yesterday, I was listening to UFM & there was this guy who is actually a social worker. He made a comment that went sth like, "If u dun give more $, u won't be able to attract talented ppl to work, even for charitable associations." True, I agree with that. But S$600, 000 per year is too much! This means on average he earns S$50, 000 per month!! And he's only a CEO! I think if I ever get a job as an engineer, my pay will be the most $5k or $6 per month aft a few years of experience. $50, 000 is not even my annual household income!

2 of my fren (I think both of em wanna be annonymous, =P) made a sarcastic remarks of sth like we shld all be charitable & join charitable organisations. Haha. If I get an annual pay of $600k I dun mind! =P

Anyway, lotsa ppl called NKF to withdraw their monthly donations to em, including one of my colleagues. Another colleague used to make fun of her, "Why not u give me $5/mth to buy 4-D instead, I'm v in need lei!" Actually I think that what happened should not stop us from donating to charitable organisations. I've a relative who got kidney problems b4 & he told us that the best way u wanna help the kidney patients is to donate the $ directly to the kidney centres instead of donating via the foundation.

As quite an anti-NKF person, of cos I've quite some things to say lor. U can refer to http://amigoeva.blogspot.com/2005/04/of-complains-and-comments.html on my complains on NKF calling me up to persuade me to take their NKF card. And do u realised that during the NKF show, the number 1900 XXX 6888 keep appearing during the NKF show & says that there's 20 chances of winning the lucky draw but doesn't tell u that u're paying for 8 calls. Ok, they do, but only during commercials. Even when the artistes are askin u to call their numbers, it's normally 6855/6833. I remember during the early years of NKF shows, they'll still show the multiple calls number with the actual number of calls u're calling. My colleague actually didn't wanna call but felt pitiful for the cancer patients & called the number that appeared, thinkin that it's 1 call only. It's actually the 8 calls number.

Recently NKF has been setting up extra "sectors" in the foundation. Like the Children's Medical Fund & the most recent Cancer Fund. I don't understand why they still want to have these 2 funds. We already have Singapore's Children's Society & Singapore's Cancer Foundation isn't it? Unless they are helping these 2 organisations to get ppl to donate $, then that's diff! Now we know why they need to have so much $! *shakes head*

Hai... I shall go sleep le lar... btw, regarding the 10, 000th person rite, Nick juz showed me an edited pic of the 10, 000 number on the counter (he's juz trying to hao lian he can use Photoshop). Haha. I'll noe if u've edited the pic one ok? So dun cheat. Ok lar, in case the 10000th person is some1 I dunno, I'll accept the next visitor whom I know. =P

No comments: