Thursday, September 08, 2005

What's ur definition of a good friend?

From dictionary.com,

friend (I can't find the definition of "good friend", =P)
  1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
  2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
  3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
  4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.


From my own dictionary,

  1. A good fren is someone who will be there when u need him/her if he/she has the ability to. He/she doesn't need to be always there cos he/she might have his/her own problems to solve. Human beings are born to be selfish, so u can't blame your fren if he/she doesn't help u when he/she has his/her own problems.
  2. A good fren is someone who clicks with u.
  3. A good fren is someone who tells u honestly wat he/she thinks is wrong bout u. As a Chinese saying goes, 良药苦口, which literally means "good medicines tastes bitter"..
  4. A good fren need not know u from inside out. U only need 1 person to noe u the best, and the ans is "urself".
  5. A good fren is someone who not only takes the limousine with you but also the bus. The limousine-bus theory is extracted from a fren's blog. =D
  6. A good fren is someone who appreciates what u've done for him/her. Pls @ least say a thank you mah... =/
  7. A good fren is someone who expects u to do all the above too. It takes 2 hands to clap...
And I found this on astrology.com...

Leo Friendship Profile
The Lion can never be accused of hiding behind their mane. They're happiest when people surround them, especially as they're likely to be the center of attention in any crowd. Leo has a ton of friends. After all, anyone who thinks so highly of themself must have something good to offer! The Lion makes a great friend, though. They can be playful as a kitten and are always ready to spread their sunshine around. Beware of their competitive side, though. As your friend, Leo wants to be proud of you and will do everything in their power to ensure your success -- so long as you don't outshine them. As long as you're the underdog, you'll have a loyal friend. Everyone can be friends with a Leo. They don't really discriminate, preferring to have a big mix of people to play with. Leo always wants the best and might take you out for fancy dinners and such. Don't worry if you can't quite afford it -- the generous Lion is quite willing to chip in. Make sure you remind them again and again how grateful you are for their help, though. A friend who is not appreciative enough of the Leo's charms and generosity may not get the chance to show it later.

Hmmm... I think it's quite true, I like to be the center of attraction & I like to be appreciated. But the part on being competitive... No lah.... Haha.


Ok, that's enuff on friendships. My sprained foot is getting much better. I think by end of this week I'll be able to walk normally.

For these 2 days, whenever I pass by some1 I noe...
  1. They wave/say "Hi/Hello"
  2. See my walking in a weird way
  3. "What's with ur leg/foot?!"
  4. "I sprained my foot..."
MayB I shld've wrote down my answer on a piece of paper & flash it whenever I'm being asked the famous question. Haha. Ok lah, thanx for all the questions asked. Greatly appreciated. I already said I like to be the center of attraction mah! Haha.

Anyway this busy week is ending. I had to submit Geotech assignment on Tues but dateline was extended till yesterday. CE lecturers are nice. So I suppose that the Struct II assignment dateline will be postponed from tmr to next week. =D Finished my proj on designing a building wrt wind load. Here's the ugly building of me, Chris & WC:


Compare to...


Which is the picture of Q1, a building which is going to be completed in Gold Coast. Picture taken from http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=4637. Very interesting website. U shld go search for buildings whose status is "vision" or "fantasy". U'll lol loh. Haha. Anyway, I hope that the report is adequate to be for satisfactory for my CE3101. Heh.

Joke of the week: I was askin my sis to re-scan my assignment for me cos when I finished scanning the 1st time, she accidentally cancelled the compiling process. I asked her to save the file as "Geotech assignment 1" & she saved it as "joetech assignment 1".

No comments: