Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day~!

Haven't been updating my blog, haha. Y? Cos I'm enjoying my life~

Wanted to go out shopping on Wednesday... Ended up din go cos of my weird stomach from Tues nite. Was toking to Lisheng on MSN n he said he could open up a Maplestory account for me.

Btw ppl, I heard that Maplestory's SEA's server has been sold to another company and we need to restart everything... U can still play ur old char but heard there won't be anymore patches for the old server. If u wanna play the new server, u can go to www.maplesea.com but it has been closed for registration since 29th Apr. So u muz be thinkin how on earth can LS help me open up an account. The reason being the new server requires u to register a passport, which allows up to 3 accounts to be registered and that LS already has a passport. Will inform u all if the registration opens up again, but I think I might be in Sri Lanka by the time, so mayB u can sign up for the mailing list @ the webby? =D

Ok, back to the story... in the end I played MS the whole day on Wednesday..... actually not much to say also.. =X Here's a picture that I took with LS in Maplestory:



As u can see I'm a noob archer n LS is a noob mage, but I dunno y I had a -__- face while he had a =D face... Lincoln said that LS look XL in the pic, =X. Haha.


Went out with Cai, Charles, Joo, Merv n See Kiat to buy Jiali's bday present oh Thurs. All of us were late!! Haha. Expected lar. Actually Cai met See Kiat for lunch while the rest of us would meet for lunch together (Amy was supposed to come too. But she felt nauseous.)

Aft I went to the ATM when I reached the station, I saw Charles being "harassed" by a salesman askin for donation for some foreign countries (for ppl who lost their eyes), by selling a pocket-sized light for $10. I tried telling the guy that we were on a rush (or rather, bluff the guy, haha) n he insisted that we listen to him. Aft less than a min, he ended his "speech" and tried persuading us to share the $10 "for a good cost" and I told him we're really not interested. He said, "Ok, thank you." with a damn unhappy face as if we owed him $!! *&^%$#@!

The 2 of us ate lunch at MOS Burger (we couldn't contact Joo -___-) n met Cai & SK aft lunch to go Pacific Plaza. N guess wat again?? We saw Fann Wong @ Pacific Plaza!! We were going into the building when we saw her going into That CD Shop (the entrance of the shop was near the entrance of the building). She was wearing shades, so didn't recognise her immediately. But anyway, she looks the same as on TV, heh. We had problems buying a bag that suits wat we think Jiali needs. It has to:

  1. Be able to withstand the weight of Jiali's laptop
  2. Have padding that can cushion weight of the laptop on Jiali's back
  3. Be big enough for her humongous (ok, it's not that big actually... erm... roughly larger than an A4-size paper?) laptop
  4. Have funky design and nice shape
  5. Be within our budget

But we juz couldn't find the one that exactly fits the 5 points. In the end we had our eye on a Hawaiian-look bag that more or less satisfy pts 1 to 3, definitely satisfy pt 4 and is abit out of our budget, which is not really an important pt, cos normally for u'll have a ±$1 budget per person & we had 13 ppl sharing. So who shared the present (in case Jiali dunno also, haha)?

  1. Me of cos!
  2. Amy
  3. Cai
  4. Carol
  5. Charles
  6. Gordon
  7. Jen
  8. Joo
  9. Jimmy
  10. Merv
  11. Miao
  12. Tze Siang
  13. Yeeming
  14. Weicong

We also bought her a $40 Heeren's Voucher since we're not sure if she really wants the Converse shoes that was on Joo's blog.


As for Friday, it was Jiali's bday party day~! Aft I read Gordon's blog, I see the importance of adding the "day" aft "bday party", cos Jiali's bday wasn't on 6th May, she had to postpone her bday party cos of exams. Me, Jen & Weicong reached her house @ 3+. We actually planned to swim... but in the end we slacked at Jiali's house until we go to the function room. WC din give up, he went swimmin b4 we went down to the function room.

At 7+ ppl started streaming in and we started eating. Later on, the place look like a gambling den cos all the tables are occupied with ppl playing cards! Except for mayB Charles doing card tricks which amazed all of us! Hehe. I think he can go do part-time job as a card trick entertainer!! At 8+, nearly 9, Merv & Gord arrived with the lilies that I asked Merv to buy. He called me when I was at the MRT station, "Aye! The auntie say 5 lilies cost $10 lei!" I was like, "HUH?! So cheap?!" Then Jen asked me to tell Merv to ask the auntie whether that's the price for 5 STALKS of lilies or a 5 lilies BOUQUET. The answer is the latter.... Conclusion: Merv has nv bought flowers for gers in his life.

We were thinking of how to surprise Jiali with the flowers and acting it out at the same time aft Gord n Merv reach with a big red plastic bag with the flowers inside.....

Where? Hidden behind the gym which was right in front of the function room
Who? Jimmy as "Jiali"; Me, Amy, Charles and Jen as ourselves
Wat happened? After the bday song, "Jiali" said, "Aye thanx lei!" (Jimmy did this part sooo well =D) Amy went up with the red plastic bag n said, "Aye Jiali, clear the rubbish lei!"

The rest of us ended up laughing so hard that my hand collided with Jen's nose. It was impromptu and Amy did it so funnily!! Anyway we didn't come up with any ideas, so we juz gave her a plain surprise, n she WAS surprised!! Haha. N guess wat Jiali said? "Thanx lei!" Muahahaha.

Anyway... we (look at the ppl who share the present list, number 1 to 5, 7 to 10) stayed overnite at Jiali's place. Thanx to Jiali's parents for going to their 2nd home to sleep, while his brother, for tolerating with our noise whole nite long! They started playing Bluff while Carol slept and me munching on the chips. Jimmy is a good lier sia! Aft that we tried playing Mafia, whereby there r 2 Mafias and they'll try to sabo the civilians to kill each other. I ended up to be the only Mafia caught... ='( I'm a bad lier.... I think we shldn't play this game anymore, cos we're lousy guessers n good liers (except for me I supposed). Me n Jen went to sleep @ 3+am n the rest continued to play mahjong. Din really knew wat happened after that until 5+am, when I woke up, then went back to sleep again. We left Jiali's house at 7+am, cos she has to reach Kallang @ 8.15 for her interview. The gers except Carol n Jiali, ate breakfast together n went home.

I took train with Jen while Amy took the NS line, Joo n Cai took bus. The 2 of us got down at the Jurong East station n juz took the EW line without thinking. I (yes, me only, Jen din, haha) only realised that we took the West-bound train when it reached Boon Lay -___-. Tok bout blurness. The only positive thing was we could sit thruout the journey. I went to sleep ard 30min aft I reached home. (to be continued)

Anyway here's the everybody-in-the-picture of Jiali's bday:



I know 90% of the ppl here, haha


Woke up at 1+pm (on Saturday) aft my sleep @ 10am. Went to meet Aimei @ Parkway @ 3+. Did abit of window shopping & collected the Mother's Day cake I ordered, and also a 3-tulip bouquet for my mother:


Had quite a hard time buying the tulips, I went 3 florists n all didn't have tulips. Luckily Aimei reminded me of the one near Popular. N the nice thing was they had purple tulips!! Which is wat my mum likes. Din even bother to bargain cos the tulips are hard to find.

Reached home with sis (she was studying @ MOS Burger @ Parkway) n gave the flowers to my mother. "Aiyoh! Why did u waste $ on the flowers? The cake was enuff!" Hai... All women likes flowers lor ok? Even if they dun like, even if they say they dun wan flowers, they'll still beam when they receive flowers. So guys, u noe wat u shld do for ur gerfrenz rite? Haha.

Anyway, asked her to take a photo with the flowers and she complained that she wasn't wearing anything nice n she has a bad hair day, blah blah. In the end she went to spray her hair abit n put clips -___-:


Ok, all women are vain, even when they are old, haha.
Oh! N my maid cooked Nasi Lemak! =D


As for today... slept till 12+ (I slept for more than 12 hours!!!!!) Aft that dl some games from the webiste that Gord put on his blog. Keep playing this game called Alter Ego until 8pm... =P Din go out to eat cos my mother wanted to go Ah Mah's house.


Anyway, here's a photo that I took last Sunday, when I was still trying to study for my Water Sci and Technology.

Picture taken in my room. I was studyin in my room, with the air-con on and door closed, cos my father had lotsa patients on Sunday n they were quite noisy. My mother decided to take a nap (which turns out to be more than 2 hrs...) in the room. My sis who was supposed to study for her upcoming exam (which is during the wk that passed), came in n lie down on my bed too... -___- How can I concentrate on my paper with 2 ppl lying on my bed in front of me?!

1 wk later aft this picture is taken, I dun care how many ppl are sleeping in front of me now cos I'm enjoying my life!! =D

Ok crap. Quite lotsa pix for this entry, so I shall not post more pix on Jiali's bday party. If u want more pix, go to here blog! =D

No comments: