Saturday, January 15, 2005

1st week of Sem 4

I realised I'm gettin lazy to update my blog, =X. CannoT!!! Muz go on update!

Here's a kinda summary for the 1st week of my sem 4:

Monday, 10 Jan

1st day of sem 4 & 1st day of my NUS life w/o hall, kinda slack cos the 1st lecture was @ 1pm. Left home @ 11.45 & managed to reach school in ard 1hr's time. Miao saw me @ nearly 1pm & commented that she was surprised I'm early! Haha. I was kinda surprised the journey took lesser than 1hr15min. The 1st lecture (only 1 hr) was on "Structural Design & Materials" by Dr. Wee. His usual big actions, haha. Kinda nice to see every1 back in school

Later on met Amy, Jen, Joo for lunch while Jiali was with Yiping, Peng & Shufen somewhere near. Every1 I noe in Engin seems to be in Arts Canteen, saw quite a few pple. Jiali joined us later on. Then @ nearly 3, me, Cai & Jiali went to attend our "Intellectual Property in Cyberspace" sectional teaching. Cai called me to ask where the 2 of us were & I tot I saw "Calling Calling" on my phone, I think it's the 1st time Cai call me when I'm using Nokia phone, haha. The module is quite interesting cos it touches on copyrights, patents, trademarks all these kinda stuffs & the lecturer is not bad.



***********************

Tuesday, 11 Jan

Hai... sad... 10am lect, havta wake up @ 7.30am. Well, I lai chuang until 8am, haha. Budden to my surprise again, I reach ON TIME! Yeah, on time, not early. Haha. But well, the 1st lect of the day "Soil Mechanics" was by Dr. Chew, who is our favourite lecturer! Heh. His 1st lecture was on plate techtonics, all geog stuffs, but on engineers' point of view, it's geology... The next lecture was on "Construction Project Management" by Prof. David. Heard that he got excellence teaching award! Mmm... But the module that he's teaching is really boring...

Lect. ended @ 1pm, went lunching with Steph, Qiulin, Yaohua, Tao Heng, Ruoqi, Hokiat & Jiayao. Later on they suggested singing KTV, QL v "gian", haha. Budden I had meeting @ 3pm, so couldn't join em. Went the bazaar walk walk & drank Milo van's Milo. Felt v happy cos the FREE Milo is ultra nice! =D I feel so cheapo, haha.

Had meeting @ 3pm with Junli & Yeeming. B4 that I accidentally found out that another couple was formed & both were from ISE. Who are they? Go find out urself, =P. Anyway conclusion of the meeting was: I've became the co-PD for the KTV competition with Merv cos concert merge with KTV.... n we're on 2-men show for the moment cos the committee is not up yet... BRAVO! -_- I need a red triangular shield, can any1 gimme that?

Aft meeting it was ard 4pm so I decided to join em in KTV. Sang ard until 7+ & ate dinner outside. I ate this porridge that took a v long time to prepare... When all the rest have finished eating, my porridge wasn't here yet... Reached home quite late.



***********************

Wednesday, 12 Jan

Me & WC actually wanted to take a Chem breadth together for this sem. But all the chem breadths have labs. So we decided not to take any. To our surprised, we've a environmental engin mod this sem, "Water Science & Technology"!! Yeah~! Chemistry~! Had that mod's 1st lect today. Don't ask me y I'm in Civil Engin... I wanted to go Chem Engin but din get in, common engin was my 2nd choice...

Lect. ended @ 12pm & I went to zap the "Signing Exact English" book, it's a dictionary for sign language basically. The market price is ard $50, according to Steph, but guess how much I paid for zapping it? Less than $10 includin binding!!! See how much u pay for the copyrights? Tsk tsk tsk. But anyway I've to stand down there to zap for like 1hr: the YIH auntie didn't wanna zap for me cos of copyrights. Went home aft a cup of YIH Deli's iced-coffee, *slurp*

Took 151 home & the driver was driving damn fast. But..... there was a jam on PIE & the bus keep jerking, making me felt sick. So there's pros & cons when the driver that u get is a driver that die die muz drive v fast... Cos when he wanna drive fast but there's a jam, he'll try to move whenever possible... making the bus jerk... & thus making ppl with motion sickness like me wanna vomit. & yes, I've slight motion sickness. My record was 8 packets (those paper bags for ppl to puke in on airplances) during the flight to New Zealand when I was 8 years old. But I dunno if I'll puke now if I take an airplane, supposed to be cured of already for flights.


***********************

Thursday, 13 Jan

Had to rot today from 12pm to 4pm. Cos my core mods' lects ended @ 12 & my SS lect was @ 4. So rot with other CE ppl who also have SS with me or have their geog GEM @ 4 also. Had lunch @ BizAd canteen. I ate Kebabs =D, yum yum!

Met Aimei & Wanhui @ ard 2+pm cos WH wanna buy marketing txtbk from AM. Aft tt AM went lib to zap her txtbk (she's infringing copyrights, according to my GEK1042 module, =P) while I accompany WH to eat lunch. Went to meet the rest @ forum & we rot for 1 more hr.

The SS lect was ok cos the lecturer was quite funny. Heh. So I think I won't be dropping any mod liao, havta slog all my way liao lor...


***********************

Friday, 14 Jan

Lecture actually ends early today, wanted to go cycling with AM, Bingjia & Candy one (hey!!! ABC!!! HAHAHA!!) budden there's a seminar from 2 to 5 on tsunamis & the impacts of tsunamis on CE. Shldn't have went, it was quite of no use cos we were watching the webcast of it talk in LT2 while the seminar was in the audi (only guests were invited into the audi... =( ). We majium waiting for tea time lydat & went down to outside the audi for tea break. Muahahhaa. & we saw Dr. Chew being interviewed by Mediacorp! Hee. He saw us watching & asked us aft his interview, "Are u all my fans or wat?" Heh.

***********************

Think that's all. Wanted to do my GEK1042 readings but it's not posted online... shall maple haha

No comments: