Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Suddenly....

Yah, it was quite a sudden measure taken.

My manager actually asked me on Fri, if I'm agreeable to a transfer to the tender dept, doing cost estimation. I thought it sounded interesting, since my FYP is kinda related. Then I said ok, assuming that it'll be of a short period.

Then she went, "I think it's good if u be there for between 1 to 1.5 years"

And I was quite surprised. But luckily, meanwhile, I'll still be attending the trainings that she planned for me, including my cpy's GEDS (stands for Graduate Engineers Development Scheme), which kicks off in Oct.

She then told me that she'll confirm the transfer and get back to me.

Yesterday, the HR asked me up for a short 5-min talk, and I was told the transfer most prob will take place 2 wks later, and I've to meet the tender dept manager the next day (aka today).

Today I met the tender dept manager, nice guy, and he seems quite impressed when I showed him my thesis. Seems like what I'll be doing is really related to my FYP. The tender dept manager told me I might be transferred next week. When I told him that I was told by the HR that I'll be transferred 2 wks later, he told me that was what he told the HR cos he was not sure if this cost estimator is around to train me or not.

Later in the afternn, this cost estimator came to look for me, gave me a manual of the software that I'll be using, and told me it's better for me to read the manual before he starts training me next wk.

So yah loh, next wk onwards I'll be a cost estimator. My engin dept female colleagues sound like they'll miss me. Haha

Oh! And I went happy hours with some of colleagues last Fri. I wanted to leave aft the 1st place, but 3 guys (B, Dom & P) kinda pushed me forward to prevent me from "escaping".

And I took a picture of the 2nd place we went, which was near Rouge. Quite a nice place and there was this cute waitress named Jamaica.


The guys were commenting that she's cute and Dom even asked Jamaica if she can give him her dimples. That's when I realised Dom & K has dimples too, but only on 1 side. Haha.

Anyway aft the 2nd and 3rd place, B & P were really quite drunk and they were behaving funnily. It's like normally in the office they look so serious, and after some drinks, they become "animal" or "superman", which is the nicknames that they gave each other. And D had a flight back to Perth the next day's morning @ 9am, but he drank till he had a headache.

Me too, I drank till I was a bit dizzy, could still walk straight. We went home @ ard 1+am, but Dor continued staying with her sis-in-law & friends. She's like a 30+ to 40+ lady, who wears baggy t-shirt, u'll think she's not the type who will go chiong. But ok, she is. Haha. K can really drink man... luckily he wasn't drank, cos when I was going to get into the cab, B said sth like I'll be the leader for the rest of the night and nearly wanted to follow me into the cab. K then said sth like, "No, Eva will go home." Haha. I mean they won't do me harm, but I cannot imagine handling drunkards...

And I drank until I've alcohol rash, even until today. Damn itchy lah. Have to tell myself to stop scratching. Either I had an overdose of alcohol, or I'm allergic to gin...

I think drinking lydat really kinda spoils ur health. I told K that I'll join em only once in a month cos of my rashes. Terrible experience. Next time I shall not drink gin and see if it's overdosage or the gin...

No comments: