Monday, August 06, 2007

Photos update 2: My Daily Life

So here's the 2nd photo update, on my daily life.

Went on an OPITO BOSIET course (the 2 acronyms stands for super long names that I can't rmb, but just rmb it's an offshore safety course) from 17th to 19th Jul. Was quite fun, but the 3rd day was quite scary.


Day 1

Learnt how to operate a mini-oxygen tank that can last for 5 to 6 min. Went thru this container 3 times, 1st time with the lights on, w/o the oxygen mask, 2nd time with the lights off & with the oxygen mask, 3rd time with synthetic smoke & the oxygen mask.

We had to crawl for ard 5m in this container. And during the lights-off, I accidentally pulled the tube away from the tank when I was crawling but I didn't know. So I stopped halfway, and went out from the emergency exit.

And the xia suay part was, we had our helmet over our oxygen mask and the frantic-and-without-oxygen-me, tried to take out the oxygen mask before I take off my helmet. The instructor then went, "Relax! Take off ur helmet 1st." OOPS. Haha.

Later on we learnt how to use fire extinguishers and the usage of different extinguishers on different types of fires.


Day 2

We had our training at off-coast Changi beach on a barge. Quite nice view, with all the private yatches.





But ok, can't really see my face. Haha.

We learnt about emergency abondonment of the vessel, usage of the life jacket, how to position ur body when u're being saved, and how to minimise heat lost when u're in the waters.

And I got a bit sea sick today. Oops. Haha


Day 3

I ate motion sickness pills today before leaving the course centre for the barge, just in case. =P

Today we had to learn how to escape from a "helicopter", which is actually a small container with a winch on top to control it...
  1. Get on the heli raft from the helicopter that has safely landed on the water and is floating
  2. Swim out of the heli that has sank, w/o breathing aid
  3. Swim out of the heli that has sank thru the other exit, with the breathing aid
  4. Open the window of the heli that has sank, swim out thru the window, with the breathing aid
  5. Swim out of the heli that has sank and turned 180° vertically, w/o breathing aid
  6. Swim out of the heli that has sank and turned 180° vertically thru the other exit, with the breathing aid
  7. Swim out of the heli that has sank and turned 180° vertically, swim out thru the window, with the breathing aid, get up the heli raft from the waters
Sounds quite scary hor? But ok I drank abit of the water -_- Because... I didn't manage to "snatch" the S size aviation suit and the M size is too big for me. The aviation suit has rubberings around ur neck & wrists, which minimises the water going into ur body, but because I took M size, the rubberings were too big for me & all the water went in... I had a hard time climbing up the heli raft cos my suit was so damn heavy...




This is the barge where I had the training. Quite nice view eh?


Coincidently, there are some of my company's ppl from Jarkarta who came for the course & I may see em the next time I go offshore.

Ok that's the end of the offshore training course. Now on to my life...

Of cos lah, on 28th Jul I became 23 years old~ Watched The Simpsons with Aimei, Lisheng & Zhao Yong, a nice show! And it was lucky we got a super big theatre & it was only like 1/8 occupied! We could laughed super loud. Haha

The rest don't wanna take photo with The Simpsons, so I took alone loh, so sad. Haha

Oh and here's my bday present from my sis~
Nice right? Like it a lot! But I was the one who told her I want sth like that. HAHA.

And we celebrated my bday & Jen's bday on 13th Jul. Once again, we've forgotten about Gord! HAHA. Oops. Here's the super nice cake:



On 25th Jul, went dinner with Cousin Ying at this organic restaurant at Tampines, her treat for my bday~ Heh, thanks hor. And the food is not bad. The mushroom soup has a tint of lavender taste, quite special.


And my colleagues actually celebrated my bday for me on 27th Jul~ Super shocked. Cos it was a surprise celebration, I didn't bring my handphone to the pantry to take photo, but here's the leftover slice of cake:



Conclusion is my cake-cutting skills is not good @ all. Must be depend on Jiali too much. Haha.

And of cos! Me and my sis went to SHE's Fun Party Concert on my bday~



I shall upload the concert photos soon.

I think I'll update till here. Time to sleep~ Oh! Before I end... here's the last photo of the day... the photo of the photos on my office table =D U can click to view it larger!

No comments: