Monday, December 19, 2005

Teng's wedding

I realised I haven't been really updating my blog.... Went to the wedding of my colleague (Teng) during the weekend... the church wedding on Saturday & the wedding dinner on Sunday. She told me that I'm invited to her wedding a few months back & asked me for my address so that she can send me the invitation card. I was super surprised when I received the invitation to her wedding dinner.

Well, this shows that I really made good frens during my times in STP mag aft my As. The 5 months that I spent with these colleagues were short, but crucial times, cos we were the so-called "new blood" (the company wanted to change "new blood"). All the OTs, month-end closings... and we even moved office!! We packed up till nearly 9pm & ordered pizza for dinner during the move-out day. Haha. V memorable times there.

Anyway... v happy to see Teng getting married. I think she really went quite a long way with her husband (long way not as in duration wise lah, haha). Her husband was a drug addict & ex-inmate & only finished his education till P2 & he's now working full-time @ a missionary (called Breakthrough Missions) that counsels drug addicts & inmates. Teng on the other hand is a poly grad & later graduated with a degree with honours @ SIM. They gotta noe each other via Teng's mum's food stall. Rumoured that someone realised Teng gave him extra large plate of bee hoon whenever he patronise the stall. Haha. But Teng explained that cos the mum noes bout the missionary & instructed Teng to do so. Lol. Hmmm... anyway, their church wedding was a v touching one, nearly teared. I think both of em have v great parents as both Teng & husband were from single parent family.

On to the wedding dinner. It started off with a v cute way of the couple walking down the red carpet...



So cute, haha. But I didn't managed to catch the 2 of em on my camera. They were wearing super cheena costumes with the guy having a pig tail. Haha.

Anyway, the dinner became a *ahem* quite spiritual one. No offence here to Christians, but it's the 1st time that I attend a wedding dinner where the ppl keep singing Christians songs (Hokkien one somemore) & do a few prayers. Haha. The singers are actually from the missionary that the guy is working @. I can't stand that these people actually mention that the bridegroom is a drug addict blah blah, during all the prayers & b4 most of the performances. It's like they keep emphasizing that it's a miracle by God that a guy whose education level is only until P2 marries a uni grad.... Luckily the bridegroom is not affected by it.

Anyway, that's juz sth bout the dinner. But I enjoyed it lah. The food is nice & I get to eat my favourite yam paste in double-portion cos half the table was gone by the time dessert comes. Heh. And Teng is so pretty!! (erm, but this photo is too blur... and I didn't managed to shoot the bridegroom)



She went jogging for dunno how long b4 her wedding so that she'll look pretty during her wedding. Haha. She gave me the motivation to go jogging cos I've to be my cousin's jie mei during her wedding in May. Congrats to Teng!! (Though she doesn't read my blog, haha.) She is finally a Mrs. & she can now eat all she wants!! Haha.

As for Friday... I went back TJ with my sis to watch TJ's band performance cos my sis's fren is playing for the band (my sis's fren juz finished her Os, trying to see if can appeal thru band). The performance was not bad lah, cos I knew half the number of songs. Why? Cos they played quite a few Xmas carols & their ending song was Hidamari No Uta by Le Couple, v v nice Jap song. And when they were playing xmas carols, they wore Santa's cap & this guy is extra lah...



See the guy who made his hat pointed? -_- so AA(attract attention). Haha.

I was searching for the clay that I've decorated a few years back during 25th anniversary. Each of us were given 1 piece of clay & we were asked to decorate it & they will harden it then plaster it onto this stretch of walls in the college. And I found my clay with my signature & footprint on it!!



Hai... memories.... that was like more than 3 years ago?? @ least I left my footprint on the college's wall, literally. Haha.

Ok, gtg sleep, it's nearly 12am now. Countdown 1 more day to results day, 3 days to end of work, 5 days to Xmas!!

No comments: