Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Visually Disabled Couple

I was thinking this will sound better than "The Blind Couple" ("blind" sounds like they chose the wrong partner of sth...).

Yah anyway, I think some of u noe that there's this blind couple staying in my area. I dunno y I saw em for quite a few times already and for the past 1+ years, I've helped em ard 3 or 4 times up the buses that they wanna take. (Sometimes, other ppl took the initiative to help em b4 me, heh)

I 1st saw em ard 1 year ago, though I've stayed in this house for nearly 9 years. I presume they've stayed in this area for quite long since they look quite old (ard 50 to 60) & this area is quite popular among the elderlies. Anyway, back to the story. I saw em walking across the road, towards the bus stop opp my house, when I was waiting for 154 to go Clementi to meet Lisheng. The old lady was holding the left arm of her husband. The moment they reached the bus stop, they asked for help. I went up to em since I was the nearest. They were waitin for a bus to go to Aljunied MRT and so I waited for the bus with em. My 154 reached b4 their bus and I was late already. So I SMSed LS telling him I'll be late cos "I'm helping a blind couple". Later on when I met LS, he told me that his camp mates said I was probably lying to him cos usually only 1 person (of a couple) will be disabled.

Well, I think it's cos both of em are blind, kinda makes em bond together isn't it? I mean look @ the old couples ard u, any of em are still this loving? I always find it so sweet whenever I see em. They are quite friendly too! Chatted with em the last time I accompanied em to wait for their bus.

Anyway, I always wanted to blog about this couple, but I always 4get. I saw a little ger leading the old lady today when I was walking home from the bus stop. Makes me wonder where the old man is, I hope he's ok.

Sometimes, we shld really look on the nicer side of things that we see =)

No comments: