Saturday, March 12, 2005

Why do ppl think committing suicide solves problem?

Haven't been updating my blog for like more than 1 wk, can't help it, have been busy with YEP stuffs & also my school work. Actually, I'll be even more busy the coming week, with 2 lab reports and 3 assignment due. But juz had some tots aft watching this channel 8 show which toks about the latest and hotest news in Singapore & interview ppl on the streets on how they feel towards the incident yesterday (the show is called Frontline), on the Tampines family tragedy.

I dun understand why he thinks that committing suicide solves the problem, really dun. But I can understand why he killed his wife & children, tho many ppl thinks that he's too cruel to kill em. But have u wondered wat will happen to his wife & children if he only killed himself? The loansharks will be aft the helpless family without a man, his wife & children will be devastated. Tho I understand, I dun approve, cos it doesn't solve the prob. Ok, it might be able to solve the loanshark prob, but do u noe how many of the family and frenz are left mourning?

I once had an acquaintance in JC, let's name him B, who committed suicide b'cos of BGR. B was from my neighbour class and it was kinda dramatic cos Joycelyn nearly fainted on that day & me & Mrs Lim helped her to the sick bay to rest. On waiting for the other students to be dismissed from morning assembly, Mrs Lim told me that she heard that someone in 26/01 (my class is 27/01) died. Didn't take it to heart since she only said some1 died & "she heard" only. Later on, during the 1st lesson, I was telling my grp of gers when Siti & Yati told me that it was a guy whose girlfren is also in the same class and that the ger is from a particular sec sch. I immediately know that the guy was B & coincidently, this ger stayed v near me, like 1 or 2 bus stops away & I see her almost everyday @ the bus stop to school.

Later on, I heard that the reason was that his gf wanted to break up, b'cos she found another guy whom she likes more & that guy also likes her. B then told her that he dun mind her two-timing him, n I supposed that's wat she did. Then B's mother saw the ger with the guy & forced the ger to break up with B. After the break-up, B committed suicide by jumping off on the 9th storey of his flat. I also heard that when his class went to his wake, his mother used a broom to chase the ger away.

For the next few days, I can see that his classmates were all in a v gloomy mood. I also didn't see the ger for @ least 1 wk aft this incident. The next time I saw her, she was in a daze, walking towards the assembly area and holding onto this piece of paper that's v crumpled. See what I mean by leaving the family and frenz devastated? I was only an acquaintance, and I already felt sad, imagine wat his family feels. 17 years of raising up a child and this is wat they get, nothing but sadness in the end. As for the ger, well, she's happily attached to another guy in her class during year 2, whom I supposed is "the other guy". I'm not saying that she shouldn't get attached for the rest of her life, but the fact is, even if B committed suicide, nothing between B & the ger can be changed.

Moral of the story: If u dun want ur loved ones to be sad, dun commit suicide, there's nothing that can't be solved in this world. And do u noe that committing suicide is an offence (i.e: u died, guilty of a crime) and u'll be handcuffed when ur corpse is being found?

No comments: