Sunday, February 27, 2005

Less than 1m away from an accident

Went out to study @ Bedok today with Aimei & my sis. Shan't touch on the unimportant parts n between bah. The most impt part was I nearly met an accident cos of my blurness... (ATTN TO MY COUSINS: pls don't tell ur parents or my parents bout it cos mine will start naggin me once they noe... thanx)

Please refer to the picture below...


The red dot is me when I was crossing the road & I hope u all understand where the traffic lights & pedestrian crossings are. Then space in between the 2 roads are grass patches with some pathway cos it's under the MRT track.

I was walking on a pathway in the direction of the arrow with my sis & AM when I heard the beep from a traffic light. I tot it was the one near me and told my sis, "Let's go!" while we wave goodbye to AM. My sis then said sth like, "Aye, bus behind." She din shout, she commented... (when I asked her later on y she didn't pulled me back or shouted @ me, she told me that the bus was slowing down & she expected me to run instead of walk...) I misunderstood her meaning as, "U shld move further away from the inner white line". So... I was looking on the floor to move away from the white line & all this, from the moment I tok to my sis, happened within 1 or 2 seconds. And the next moment, I heard a loud "BEEP!!" from the bus that was less than 1m from my right, and I saw that the traffic light was GREEN & RED MAN!!! I was along the pathway in b/w the 2 roads when I saw the bus driver slowed down his bus & turned to look @ me & AM givin me a shocked look. I suddenly realised what I was doing.... My sis scolded me siao & AM told me she was so scared. AM also told me the driver really jammed his break cos she could hear the screeching sound of the wheels. (I couldn't cos the only thing that I heard was the long beep from the bus.)

Yes... lesson learnt. I'm not blind, so I should NOT only listen to the beeping sound of the traffic lights, but also LOOK @ the traffic lights. I should NOT rush juz to cross the traffic lights/zebra crossing in time. I should look to both left and right to make sure that there are no cars, even when it's red light.

I really got scared out of my wits, though I could still laugh with my sis on the bus. I supposed that's wat we call relieved? I mean choy! but if the bus didn't break in time, I'm sure my sis will be crying instead of laughing... I hope my lesson learnt is also a lesson learnt for every1... serious! I thank fate for letting the bus driver jam break in time.

No comments: