Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy Chinese New Year~!

Yeah ppl, happy CNY, hope u've had a fun & accomplished (accomplished in collecting ang baos? Hee). I juz reached home from my visit to Ah Mah's house. (The Ah Mah here is my maternal grandma). Haven't been to Ah Mah's house for quite a long time, think I'm too busy when I reach uni. Used to go Ah Mah's house like @ least twice a month, now barely once every 2 mths, hai...

Happened to be the 1st family to reach Ah Mah's house. Then mother's cousin (mmmm.... paternal cousin to be exact) reach, those kindda only see once a year one, she has 4 children & the last 2 kids (both male), are quite playful & naughty, reminds me of 2 of my cousins... *&^%$#@! Shall not complain bout em during CNY, haha.

Meanwhile, my sis & I were watching TV. We were quite amazed with the digitalised Starhub cable, the one on the commercial on TV whereby u see these 2 families (neighbours) juz bought new TVs & this boy in green, with the smaller TV, talks to his neighbour (who's also a boy), "So, u've juz bought a XX inch TV?" (XX cos I 4got how big isit, but looks like a plasma TV to me, haha) His neighbour replied with a I'm-not-happy face, "Yes!" The green boy then continued to ask his neighbour if the plasma TV can watch dunno how many channels, play games, blah blah, which his neighbour answered all "No..." & the green boy ended with a haughty, "Mine can!" Very bad-influence commercial. And now the thing is... we were watching a plasma TV with Starhub digital cable... Ok, anyway I digressed, haha. Ok, so I was watching the TV with my sis when my aunt (da4 jiu4 mu3)'s sis told me tt my mother's lookin for me. When I found my mother in Ah Mah's room, she told me that she'll tell me later. Turned out she wanted to find out how much her cousin gave us for ang bao. So aft her cousin gave me ang bao, I went toilet check lor, $4, hahaha. Turn the clock forward to the journey home. Mother told me that her cousin only gave us $2 each last year & she didn't even use Mandarin orange to bai nian with Ah Mah, & that she has 4 children. So conclusion is my mum was angry with her cousin cos she's v giam (as in her couz is v giam) & that she is rude...

Back to the time before dinner, as usual, Jia Zhe (1 of the 2 irritating couz I've mentioned earlier) took a lot of abalone from the yu sheng... Really hate it cos he'll "dig" for the abalone & not leaving it for other people & the act is unsightly... His parents din even say anything except for, "Wah! U got so much abalone!"... *&^%$#@! u can see that I dun like his parents also, =X. We watched American Idol @ ard 8pm, aft dinner, on Star World channel.

Halfway thru, Kaixian (my couz, older by 5 years) told me & Lijun (also my elder couz, older by 4 years) to go Jeanette's (my same age couz, older by 6 mths, haha) room. 3 of em are my closer couz. She then told us to be her "jie meis" for her wedding. I was quite surprise cos she didn't mention bout her wedding to us b4, tho it's not of a shock cos she's together with this boyfren for like 4 or 5 years? She's gettin married 1st half of next year, which means I've 1 year to slim down to wear a gown, haha. Anyway, gotta learn that Sharon's (read as Sh-ar-on, elder couz by think 13 or 14 years) baby boy is due in May & Kia's (elder couz by think 8 to 10 years) 2nd child (baby girl) is due in Apr!!! So there'll be 5 kids in the 4th generation this year! But the baby ger will be so poor thing cos she's the only ger cos I supposed there won't be anymore nephew/nieces within a couple of years aft May...

Anyway, aft the tok was gambling time!!! Haha. I dunno why but as I grow older, I've lesser interest in playing black jack. I can remember the times when I was so excited with playing black jack that I had nightmares of losing money & I wake up puking & shouting, "I won't dare to gamble next time" in Mandarin. I was a joke for the adults @ tt time cos my mother told em... -___- Dun ask me wat nightmares I had, I woke up, completely 4gotten bout my dream... Anyway... the adults were toking bout starting black jack when Jia Zhe say he dun wanna play & when asked why, he said all black jack bankers are cheaters. Actually... cos he played black jack with his frenz & his fren always get 21 pts... As if his own relatives will cheat his money, really mei you jia1 jiao4... Oops... =X

Back to the story of me not playing black jack. So in the end I joined my father in Ah Mah's room to watch TV (another TV which is 21-inch... & it's with Starhub Cable also!) & we were watching 2 stupid shows... which I shan't further elaborate. When I got sick of being stupid, went to the living room to watch em gamble. It was 3rd yi2 zhang4's turn to be banker. U can't believe his luck, he wins $ every year! U can't imagine how ridiculous his cards gets. He can get (in order) a 7, 8, 3, 2 (adds up to 20) or a 3, 10/K/Q/J, 2, 6 (adds up to 21).... And these are the 2 eg that I can roughly rmb only... N in both cases, there were v few 10/K/Q/J in the free pile... Timothy (the oldest 4th generation, aged 5) lost his 1st 2 rounds of blackjack (btw, he juz noe muz take card, he has no idea how to play black jack! haha) & he was quite angry. When 3rd yi2 zhang4 won again & was shouting, Tim walked to him & said angrily, "Granduncle, can u dun shout or not? I'll get angry one!" So funny lor. Then Tim walked to Ah Mah & complain, haha

I played a few games for blackjack & started watching other couz playing mahjong. I think watching ppl play mahjong has become a habit, I dun play mahjong, but watch, haha. Father was having Chinese physiotherapy treatment for Ah Mah cos she stood for too long for the day. When I tot we could go home.... father still havta help Stef (elder couz, older by 6 years) cos she sprained her leg. He brought this hollow cylinder & ask her to step hard & roll her foot on it. According to father, doing this will cause Stef's feet's bones to go back to its original shape. Clever invention of the method sia! The person who invented it shld have applied a patent for it, haha. Ignore my last sentence, =P

So by the time we reached home, it's aft midnight... I've spent 1 & 1/2 hr juz typing this! Wait, did I mention that when Tim's brother, Benjamin (aged 3), dun get wat he wants, he'll either use his hands to slap his head or use his head to bang the floor? V weird, dunno where he learnt that. & b'cos of his looks, he reminds me of la4 bai3 xiao3 xin1!!! Hahaha. Kids nowadays are weird...

I shall go sleep. My paternal relatives are coming tml morn... *yawnz*

No comments: