Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rules when using the toilets *&^%$#@!

Normally the female toilet door is locked (cept for b4 the cleaning time, which is between10am to 11am) & all the females working in the workshops have the keys, to prevent male workers from using the toilet. So normally when I see that the lights of the toilet are switched on and that the toilet door is not locked, I'll juz go in the toilet.

One fine day, I decided that I need to go to the toilet. So I walked from my office to the toilet which is 5 workshops away, which is like 5 min walk to & fro. I saw the lights and juz went into the toilet. 5 sec aft I went into the toilet, a lady came out from a cubicle & she had this shocked look on her face. Then she said, "I got a shock! I thought u're a male worker! Where r u from?" And I tot her reaction is abit weird cos if I'm a male worker, I'm obviously the shortest male worker in the yard... Her qn is even weirder & I was really stunned & I actually repeated aft her, "Where am I from?" Haha.

She then told me, "We have a rule here leh. Whenever u come into the toilet & u noe someone is inside, u shld talk, to make sure not a worker." I was like, "Huh?! Wat the *&^%$#@! Got such a RULE meh?" but I only replied, "Orh..."

Yesterday, I was in another toilet which is not locked. It's nearer to my office & since I was only washing my water bottle, I used that toilet. Some1 else was in the toilet & she said, "Have u eaten?" I tot it's sth gotta do with the rule again & I replied, "Yes..." When the lady came out of the toilet (different lady from "one fine day"), she was like, "Oh! I tot u're the who!" (she really said it lydat so obviously I dunno who she's tokin bout, haha) Then I told her bout wat happened during the "one fine day" & she was quite amused & she told me that there's no such rule.

N today, I was doing my business in the toilet b4 work starts. Yvonne was in a cubicle also. A lady came into the toilet & said, "Hello..." N I heard Yvonne replying, "Yah..." (or was it "Hi...", I can't rmb). When she went out, she said, "I going out already hor!" I was askin Yvonne bout it during lunchtime & she told me that only 2 females in the workshops does this (the remaining 3 need to wear uniform, including me, lol).

Then during going-home-time, I was changing in the toilet n a lady came in & said "Hello" again, I dunno if they r the same person though. I juz reply saying "Hi" loh. And when she went out, she said, "I'm going out already hor!" again...

I dunno y are they so paranoid. The younger ones (also the remaining 3 of us who needs to wear uniform) aren't even so scared. I mean ok, I use the further toilet cos it's always locked & I feel safer. But since it's always locked, y r they so scared bout having male workers coming into the female toilet?!

Ok, I admit I'm quite irritated, but I dunno y. I think sometimes I can't stand ppl who r too paranoid. Hmmm...

No comments: