Sunday, January 06, 2008

The thing about Singaporeans

I've this colleague who is a Vietnamese, but grown-up in Australia. He was telling us that he became quite skeptical of Singaporean girls because those that he came into contact with were either...
  1. SPGs
  2. only frenly to expats but rude to locals
  3. unfriendly to any guys who casual-talks to her in the office
etc etc.

Actually for number 3 I can totally understand cos the girl that he is talking about is pretty, those kinda girl that lotsa guys will be after, even if she has a boyfriend, so the % that she got to know some jerks/freaks like Marcus (that I suspect until now Merv still don't believe it happened to me), and it's like once bitten twice shy. But for the rest... I think he's just plain suay that he hasn't met nice Singaporean girls.

He commented that it made him quieten down in the office, which makes me understand why he only came to say hello 1 wk aft I came into the company, when I was sitting right behind him.

And later on he started saying that Singaporean men are too submissive, always begging, and trying to please their gf/wives. I told him I can only recall knowing 1 such person.

I wonder if we are making bad impressions on these expats in Singapore here. Or is it that it's just coincidence that my colleague is meeting all these weird ppl instead of normal Singaporeans like me?

No comments: