Monday, January 28, 2008

Bloody service at O2/MWG

I am super duper unhappy now. My warning to all of you... DON'T BUY O2 PHONES! They don't even have an O2 company set up in Singapore, it's being contracted out to a company called MWG.

I finally sent my O2 Graphite for repair because there was a "bird nest", aka a patch of black dots on my screen... I was hoping that it's within warranty but...

My O2 Graphite's LCD screen cracked, which is not in the warranty, and I have to pay $111.85. I admit, I dropped the phone on the floor, twice. But this is my 5th handphone and the 1st phone which has its LCD screen cracked. I dropped my previous phones so many times and yet I didn't get any cracked LCD screen, nor malfunctioning phone...

And bloody hell, I have to pay $48.15 if I don't want to go on with the repair... The personnel at the O2 shop @ Funan don't even know if the repair is under warranty or not, why do I have to pay for that?!

I called up, trying to argue with the lady. I asked her how come the LCD cracked so easily, and she replied saying PDA phones' LCD are very sensitive (hello, my phone is not a PDA), and many customers complained saying that, but it's so ex because not only the LCD screen is changed but other components also. I directly told her next time I won't buy O2 anymore, she could only give a polite chuckle. I can sense that they don't really care but still try to be polite. I think it's precisely because they are the distributor of O2, and not under O2. I asked her why do I have to pay for the $48.15, when the shop personnel told me she's not sure if it's under warranty or not. The lady on the phone then told me that I have to pay for the technician fees.... -_-

In the end I decided to go on with the repair because I'm just starting to like the phone (yes, after 6 mths), and the phone with the same specs will cost at least $300 w/o plan.

Today they called me again, asking me to go collect my phone. AND I BLOODY HAVE TO GO DOWN TO CLEMENCEAU AVENUE TO COLLECT MY PHONE. The bloody collection point only opens from Mon to Fri, till 6pm. When I told her my work ends at 6pm, "I can't help you." was what was replied. ARGH. ROARRRR. She told me I've to PAY IN CASH THE $111.85, and I cannot go down to the Funan collection point BECAUSE I BLOODY HAVE TO PAY.

So my advise is, DON'T BUY O2 PHONES, at least don't when u're in Singapore. The service just SUX.

And now I've to take time off to just go down to collect my phone. Just my luck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard Luck !

I'm just now thinking of buying a MWG phone :p

It's a good thing i don't live in Singapore :p

Besides the service problem, did you have any other problems with the phone?

Eva said...

Ah shucks! If u're in Singapore, I can gladly sell you the phone at SG$100. Haha.

I'm currently using Nokia N81 8Gb actually.

My graphite didn't have any problems actually, except that it hangs quite frequently (like once per wk?), but that's quite normal for a smartphone I guess.