Saturday, April 07, 2007

Phantom of the Opera

My 1st broadway musical! It was quite nice. But I don't quite like Christine's voice, it somehow sounded a bit out of tune when she hit the high notes, though her voice is more powerful than Sarah Brightman.

Phantom was the best singer, but I think he can't really act cos when he speaks, his voice cracks sometimes. And there was this crawling part, it was too exaggerated... Haha. But still he sung the best lah, and he's so much powerful than Michael Crawford.

Anyway I'm super awed by their props mechanism (minus the blinding lights & fireworks).

All in all, I'm satisfied with the show since I only paid $47 & I sat right in between people who paid $160+ and $120+. Wahahaha. Thanx to Miao who helped us to buy the tix! It's so good to be a student! All the cheap stuffs!

But the thing bout being a student... lemme list what I've for me this week...
  1. Finish thesis by Tues/Wed cos my prof wanna discuss bout it with me either on Wed/Thurs cos he's flying away again
  2. GEM test (25% of total) on Wed aftnn
  3. Offshore test (dunno how many % cos the stupid *&^%$#@! dun decide so early) on Wed evening
  4. Bahasa Indonesia oral on Thurs aftnn

Anyway, my prof is so nice! I wore a dress to meet him on Thurs cos aft tt I'm gonna watch Phantom. He said I look elegant! WAHAHAHA. And last wk I emailed him, askin him if it's ok for me to do a poster for my FYP and he said go ahead. (Ok, for CE FYP students, we need to do a poster on our FYP if we want to get A or A+, but doing it doesn't mean we'll get A or A+) On Thurs, he said I shld try for the poster cos I did a good job for my FYP. WAHAHAHA. 2 praises in 1 day. Lol.

He kept reminding me that a good report is important. If the report is bad, no matter how good he thinks my FYP is, the examiner will not have a good perspective of my FYP. So, I shall be a good student and do my thesis that my prof has been ranting about. Heh

No comments: