Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

The title has nothing gotta do with what I did today, juz felt like using that title cos I kinda believe in Fri the 13th.... which is one of the reasons why I bang seh Amy and Cailing today. Haha. Sorry girls! I hope u had a fun time shopping!

Another reason was cos I slept for a straight 14+ hours! I don't remember waking up in the middle of the night. And cos I sleep for so long, I woke up feeling giddy. Later on I felt better but still heavy-headed and I slacked the whole day. Playing short games, watching Youtube vids....

That should be the end of my slacking for the week. I muz remind myself I haven't finish my FYP and I cannot disappoint my prof who seem to be having high hopes on me!

And tmr I need to go back to the jinxed lab that caused me to have a 3-mth cough during my design project. ARGH... to do some assignment for my offshore mod...

Anyway on the reason of why I'm quite a believer of Fri the 13th... cos I was admited into hospital on 13 Feb 1998, Friday. Had fits until I fainted.... think I had sth like fits (more like long spasms to me, but the doc diagnosed it as fits...) for 5 times on the right side of my body on that day... aft that my right leg was quite difficult to control and I had to use more strength than usual to walk. And wat the hell! The doctor even asked me if I'm pregnant and if I'm taking drugs -_-

And I dislike the doctors there alot, they are either inexperience doctors who can't extract blood from me w/o inflicting pain on me (pain here doesn't mean the pain when the needle is inserted into my arm -_-), or doctors who are so damn bloody stubborn about western doctors being better than Chinese doctors...

So stubborn that when I told him, during my visit back to the hospital aft I was discharged, that I went for acupuncture sessions instead of eating the medicine that he prescribed, he actually asked stupid questions like these:

Doc: Oh! Aren't you afraid that u'll get AIDS from contaminated needles?
Me: Huh? They use new needles for all treatments
Doc: Of cos lah! So aren't you afraid that they will poke the needle thru ur skull to ur brains?
Me: Huh?! It won't be so far in!
Doc: Of cos lah!

Was he trying to scare me or sth? Like duh! He asked me questions that only showed that he's trying to be stupid, like isn't using new needles a kinda law or sth? And if a 0.2mm thick needle can poke thru ur skull to ur brains... it'll already be a lethal weapon sold. Answering "of cos lah!" doesn't help, it juz makes him sound stupider. There was one more stupid qn that he asked and he used "of cos lah!" when I answered his qn also, but I can't rmb. Haha. That was 9 years back but if a doctor speaks to me like that now, I will most probably scold him "Wahlao, are u stupid or are u trying to act stupid?" HAHA.

And the reason why my parents chose acupuncture over the medicine he prescribed was simply because we were told that the medicine do not cure my illness, it only controls it. So if there's no relapse for 2 years, I can choose to stop eating it. However if I've a relapse, my dosage will increase and I'll havta take the medicine again for 2 years. -_- So if a 2nd relapse happens, the cycle goes again... At least for now I am considered cured, with no relapse for 9 years already, though because of what happened, it became difficult for me to squat or kneel even over a short 1 or 2 min.

Ok, because I had a traumatising time in the hospital (minus the cute kids around me, the nice nurses and the nice food), I began to believe in Fri the 13th, though I know that it's juz pure coincidence since nothing happened to me on other Fri the 13th. Haha. But oh well, it's better to be safe than sorry!

No comments: