Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dilemma

When I went for the interview nearly 2 mths ago, they told me they'll inform me in 2 wks. When I didn't receive any news from em for such a long time, I decided not to wait.

Now they emailed me (actually they emailed me on 28th Feb but I didn't check that email, lol), saying I'm accepted, but the pay they're giving me is way too low.... It's quite a big company but they're paying $100 lesser than market average! They're even paying 1st class ppl only $200 more than market average... -_- So giam...

Weihan told me I shld take up the job cos it's a well-known company in that field. "Imagine next time we all look for 2nd job, then I tell ppl I'm from Ah Tiong construction company & u say I'm from XXX, which one more impressive?" (PS: Ah Tiong construction cpy is a hypothetical cpy) He's correct lah, but even the probation is 6 mths (usually shld be ard 3 mths?) and the benefits they're giving looks normal to me (and they didn't even state if there's medical benefits or not)...

So now I'm in a dilemma... Oh well, I'll think bout it till next wk...

Somehow this dilemma is related to the movie I watched on Mon: The Pursuit of Happyness (no no, there's no spelling mistake, this IS the name of the movie).... Chris had to make a decision between being an intern for 6 mths w/o pay or look for a job. Btw, he chose to be an intern.

Maybe I shld approach my prof for help, see wat he says...

On a brighter note, it's Vanity Fair later on! Heh

No comments: