Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Creative Zen Vision M


I made a big decision on Sun to buy the Zen Vision M (30Gb)... I've already been eyeing on the player since 1 year ago, when the starting price was ard $600. Of cos I can't afford it cos I'm a poor student.

On Thurs, I was thinkin of lookin for a part time job for after my exams and thinkin of continuing it during next sch semester since I'll only have 1 module + FYP left. I then went Creative's website, wanting to see when they have their warehouse sale. Wahlao! The warehouse sale is from Fri to Sun lah! And I saw that there's a trade-in offer for Zen Vision M here: http://sg.creative.com/promos/whs_nov06/tradein.asp
An offer I've been waiting for... Then I saw the stupid small prints, "Player cannot be flash-based", but my Muvo Slim is...

I was still deciding if I shld go over to the warehouse sale counter and act blur "Huh? I came all the way to Jurong and you tell me cannot trade-in?! I also don't know what is flash-based and what is not, u nv put it in ur website mah..." But then I've been slacking too much so I decided to not go the warehouse sale.

On Sat, went inuovi makeup workshop (yah, yah, I'm learning lah... wat's wrong? =/) with Aimei. I was early so I decided to drop by Marina Square's Creative shop to check the player out cos I haven't really touch the player yet (I was touching one during the last warehouse sale when a promoter came along and wanted to teach me how to use the player, I was paiseh & walked away, lol). To my joy, I saw a poster version of the promo web page, and they stuck a black tape over "Player cannot be flash-based". I went to the counter to re-confirm and they said yes. YAY~! I really had the urge to buy but I tot of waiting since the promo is for 1 mth & I feel v poor recently.

When I went home that afternn I did some calculation. If I choose choice B, there's like an extra $70 discount, plus another $3.50 extra Creative rebate & 2 more lucky draw coupons (yah, I know I'm cheapskate, lol), but I don't need the accessories. I decided to put the accessories that are mentioned on the website on Yahoo auctions, at a $24 discount off the RRP. A few hours later, there was already some1 who bidded the accessories. So on Sun I wanted to buy the player but when I called the customer service hotline, I was told that the player is out of stock @ all the shops... =/

On Monday I called again & the stocks were here. I went down Marina again to buy the player & Xmod (I think it's some external sound card) & went to school. Later @ night the buyer came to meet me in school to buy his Xmod. Weird... He paid $24 less, no lucky draw, no Creative rebate, have to pay for his patrol to come NUS from Yio Chu Kang. But nonetheless, it was nice of him to meet up @ my convenience. Haha.

Sorry for the boring explanations. So now in summary, thanx to Aimei who lent me $300, I officially bought my Creative Zen Vision M for $334 after trade-in~! Hehe. I'll return it to u as soon as I get my MIAP allowance. =D Zen Vision M is not as chio as an iPod video, but M is able to support much more video & audio codecs than iPod, has a radio & recording features which iPod doesn't have. I choose features over looks. MayB also cos I prefer Creative to Apple. Lol. I bought the white one btw, cos there's no blue colour in Asia ='( But I've decided to get a blue silicon skin to make up for that. Lol.

I feel that I'm ultra super duper slack. Muz study hard! 3 papers over 2 weeks is not a good thing for me, esp when my 1st & 2nd paper is more than 1 wk apart. ='( I'm still going Sitex tmr loh!! HAHA. Shall go study now. Good luck to having their papers this wk! My luck is on loan till next Tues morn =D

No comments: