Monday, October 15, 2007

Some teasers for London trip

I don't really have a lot of photos with me but oh well, I shall post some that I've for the moment...

Had no jet lag at all when we reached there. =D The cab fare is ridiculous... the journey from the airport to the hotel was around 1/2 hour, and it was 70 pounds, ~SG$210...

Our 1st English breakfast! The 1st one was nice, subsequently, not nice anymore, haha.




A "rubbish eater" on River Thames



The tower bridge behind me (I heard that this is the "London Bridge" our childhood song)




The Windsor Castle (with 2 ppl acting funny)! Only 15 min cab from our hotel.



A building near the castle at night, beautifully lit (not taken on the same day though, we went back the next day)



The hotel that we're in!



Having dinner at the hotel with fellow GEDS from Singapore! (I feel guilty for eating such nice food for 5 days)




and fellow GEDS from other parts of the world taken at the Ha! Ha! Bar near Windsor Castle~











The last picture was taken by a nearly-drunk guy, which explains the blur pic. Haha

The rest shld've more photos than me. I shall make a more complete blog this coming weekend!

Anyway felt so much better aft 1 day's MC, caught a flu virus during my flight back. My worst SIA flight loh... The 1st flight that I take alone and it has to be 12hours...

We left the London airport late cos it was a popular take-off time in Europe. And in the end when we were reaching Singapore, I don't know if it's the weather or if the pilot was like rushing to land, and the plane was quite jerky. Nearly puked. In the end though I didn't puke, I felt miserable the whole evening. Missed my Sammi Cheng's concert (which ironically was the reason why I took the flight back alone instead of with the other Singapore GEDS), gave the tix to Rosie instead. Felt guilty cos I got the tix from my uncle. I think I shall call and explain to em soon...

Ok, tmr will be work day! But shld be a short week for me cos Fri is Tendering's Day-Out! I heard it'll be in Sentosa. Haha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. Visiting London was a little like reliving fairy tales from my childhood. Growing up reading about a land filled with kings and queens, singing a song about the London Bridge, and being told in seventh grade Geography class that Thames is pronounced “Tims”, were enough to create in me the desire to visit this place at some point in my life. I am deeply grateful for being given the opportunity to travel to this amazing country. I was amazed of a quantity of Limousine London owners.I love going to Cities and getting lost in the history of the place, I can do that everyday in London. Next time you go to London, open your eyes and look around you. It is like an another world.
Thanks Eva for your fascinating blog, pictures.
Keep up the great work!