Saturday, July 26, 2008

Priority seats on MRT

It has been so long since I last update my blog. Haha.

Just saw on the news that SMRT has pasted a "Priority Seat" sign on the seats beside the door of their trains. Actually it's quite dumb... cos the person who seats down won't be able to see the sign behind them.... they should paste it on the glass or something...

But nonetheless, it is a good courtesy campaign. I rmb we sat on such seat in Korea and the locals there told us to stand up, saying that these seats are "for old people". I was quite impressed by them. I always sit at the back of the bus because the seats are elevated, and so I seldom have the chance to give out my seat, and I am always appalled by some aunties or teenagers who don't give up their seats to the elderlies.

Oh well, I guess I was taught well as a kid. =P

2 comments:

chillycraps said...

haha really long time no update!! Guess u must have been busy~

i saw the news today too about priority seats. I guess they are trying to make ppl feel guilty for not offering the seat.

oh well~

Eva said...

Hmmm... Not really busy during weekends, but it's like busy at work, then during weekend just feel like slacking and doing nothing. Lol.

Yah, they trying to make ppl feel guilty, but if the person don't give up their seat, they won't feel paiseh even if the sign is behind them.